Born in Ocean County, Colleen was raised in Tom River, New Jersey. After graduating from Toms River High School North, Colleen attended Loyola College in Maryland. While at Loyola College, Colleen was a member of the Pre-law Society, volunteered by serving at soup kitchens and tutoring in elementary schools, and was involved with the campus theater. After spending her junior year studying at the University of Newcastle in England, Colleen went on to earn her bachelors in History and Political Science.
In 1999, Colleen enrolled in DePaul University School of Law in Chicago, Illinois. Following her first year, Colleen participated in a summer study abroad program to study the international courts and attend a course taught by United States Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Realizing she wanted to practice law in the NY-NJ area, Colleen then transferred to Brooklyn Law School in Brooklyn, New York for her second and third years of law school. While in attendance at Brooklyn Law School, Colleen was a member of the Women's Law Association and the International Law Society and she volunteered with the Brooklyn Bar Association's Battered Women's Helpline. Also while attending law school fulltime, Colleen worked part time for the Law Office of Jan V. Farensbach in New York City, New York. In her third year of law school, Colleen completed her required clinic with the United States' Attorney's Office - Eastern District as a student prosecutor and prosecuted federal misdemeanors.
In 2003, Colleen obtained her licenses to practice law in New Jersey and New York and became an Assistant Prosecutor with the Essex County Prosecutor's Office in Newark, New Jersey. Colleen is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New York Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
In 2006, Colleen joined Fuggi & Fuggi, P.C. as an associate. Her primary practice areas are criminal and civil litigation including workers' compensation and personal injury law.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence - 05/2002
- Loyola College of Maryland, Baltimore
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1998
- Major: History
- Major: Political Science
- Toms River High School North
- University of Newcastle, New Castle
Classes & Seminars
- Lakewood Economic Action Program, Inc. Employee Training, 2009 to 2009
- East Dover Elementary School Career Day, 2005 to 2005
- Lakewood Economic Action Program, Inc. (L.E.A.P.)/Headstart, Inc., Board of Trustees
- Ocean Community Economic Action Now, Inc. (O.C.E.A.N.)/Headstart,Inc., Board of Trustees
- Island Heights United Methodist Church, Youth Fellowship Leader, 2006 to 2011
- Essex County Prosecutor's Office, Assistant Prosecutor, 2003 to 2006
- Citta, Holzapfel & Zabarsky, Associate, 2008 to 2012
- The Fuggi Law Firm, Associate, 2006 to 2008
- Law Office of Jan V. Farensbach, Law Clerk
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 2004 to 2006
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2003 to 2006
- American Bar Association, 2003 to 2006
Current Employment Position
- Traffic (DWI/DUI)
- Real Estate
- Wills & Estates
- New Jersey, 2003
- New York, 2003